Other Ways to Give

In addition to a one-time or monthly donation, here are some other ways you may consider supporting the important work of SOAR!

Life Insurance

You can list SOAR! as a primary or contingency beneficiary, or, when you take out a policy, you can specify a charitable organization such as SOAR! and your premiums will be tax-deductible. You can also use or assign dividends from an existing policy to a qualified charity. This eliminates out-of-pocket contributions, yet still creates a deduction as dividends are paid.

Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA)

You can donate all or part of your mandated withdrawal amount, or make a charitable organization, like SOAR!, the beneficiary, and save your heirs additional estate and income taxes.

IRA Charitable Rollover

You can donate all or part of your mandated withdrawal amount, or make a charitable organization, like SOAR!, the beneficiary, and save your heirs additional estate and income taxes.

IRA Charitable Rollover

A charitable rollover makes it easier to use IRA assets to benefit favorite charities during a person’s lifetime.

Individuals over age 72 must take an annual minimum distribution from their IRA. Required minimum distributions (RMDs) must be taken each year beginning with the year you turn age 72 (70 ½ if you turn 70 ½ in 2019). For those who do not need the minimum distribution, this means they can make a gift to a qualifying charity and help satisfy their minimum distribution requirement. The direct rollover is not counted as taxable income. Gifts of any value $100,000 or less are eligible for this benefit and you can feel good knowing that you are making a difference in the lives of aging religious in the United States.

Here are some key points:

  • You must be 72 or older at the time the distribution is made
  • Your total IRA gifts to charity can be up to $100,000 per individual taxpayer
  • You must make the donation directly from your IRA to a qualified charity, such as SOAR!
  • The donation must be transferred directly from your IRA to the qualifying charity
  • The provision applies only to IRAs and Roth IRAs.

Stocks, Bonds or Securities

Your gift of appreciated stock, bonds or securities may result in tax savings for you and will benefit SOAR! and its mission. If you give stock or bonds that have appreciated in value, you receive an immediate income tax deduction on the fair market value of your gift and you avoid capital gains tax. To obtain a deduction for the current tax year, stock transfers must be completed by December 31.

To make a stock gift, please provide your stock broker with the following account information:

Account Name:  Support Our Aging Religious, Inc.

Broker:  Merrill-Lynch

DTC #: 8862

SOAR! Account #:  83004D42

SOAR! tax ID #: 52-1485481

Workplace Giving

For those interested in supporting SOAR! via their workplace, there are a number of options:

  • Combined Federal Campaign (CFC): SOAR! is a participant in the CFC campaign. Federal employees and military personnel can designate Support Our Aging Religious (SOAR!) to receive their contributions to the CFC. Our CFC number is 10041.
  • United Way: Write in Support Our Aging Religious, Inc. on your pledge card and include the SOAR! IRS identification number: 52-1485481
  • Matching Gifts: Your gift to SOAR! could be matched dollar-for-dollar or sometimes even more through your company’s matching gift program. Many employer-sponsored programs match charitable contributions made by their employees, retirees, and/or employees’ spouses. Click the button to see if your employer has a matching gift program to double your gift today.




Every time you shop at any of the 1,700+ online stores in the iGive network, a portion of the money you spend benefits Support Our Aging Religious. It’s a free service, and you’ll never pay more when you reach a store through iGive. In fact, smart shoppers will enjoy iGive’s repository of coupons, free shipping deals, and sales. To get started, just create your free iGive account.

Sisters in Song CD

Sisters in Song is a non-profit national choir of Catholic Sisters whose recordings generate funds to help meet the retirement needs of the women and men religious in the United States. There were three albums in the series, only one of which is still available, “Rejoice!”. The net proceeds from the sales of all Sisters in Song recordings are distributed equally to the National Religious Retirement Office and to SOAR!

CDs are available through the OCP website.


If you have additional questions about any of the giving choices above, do not hesitate to contact SOAR! via email or by phone at (202) 529-7627.